Homework Assignment #1: Write a description of the kind of person you hope your child will become by the time they turn 18 years old. Every year on their birthday, pull this out. This exercise will give you a chance to evaluate how you’re doing as you lead your child spiritually and to remember the importance of your child’s relationship with their heavenly Father.
CHILD DEDICATION HOMEWORK
Watch ``Child Dedication Session 1``
Watch ``Child Dedication Session 2``
Homework Assignment #2: Write down two things that you are going to DO to invest in yourself and the supportive and significant relationships in your life. Maybe you are going to get a babysitter once or twice a month. Maybe your child goes to bed early so that you have couple or personal time at the end of every day. Maybe you’re going to go for a walk every night after dinner and enjoy God’s creation. These kinds of practical decisions can make a huge impact on your relationships over the long haul. Decide right now what two things you’re going to do and write them down.
Not only is it important to invest in your significant relationships with those who surround you, but you must also invest in your relationship with your heavenly Father. Perhaps you are going to join a small group. Maybe you are going to commit to reading the Bible three times a week. Make your decision on two things you are going to do to continue growing in your relationship with your heavenly Father and write them down.
Watch ``Child Dedication Session 3``
Homework Assignment #3: RSVP to attend a 20-minute Parent Orientation with your campus Kids Coordinator. Dates are listed by campus below—please indicate your preferred date when you RSVP. Please RSVP to your campus coordinator at the email address below:
- Aylett Campus – Sunday, Sep 11 or Sunday, Sep 18 – Contact MacKenzie Dobson at email@example.com to RSVP.
- Farmville Campus – Sunday, Sep 11 or Sunday, Sep 18 – Contact Sarah Fleenor at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Midlothian Campus – Sunday, Sep 11 or Sunday, Sep 18 – Contact Marin Olmstead at email@example.com to RSVP.
- Powhatan Campus – Sunday, Sep 4 or Sunday, Sep 11 – Contact Lauren Hertzler at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
- Riverside Campus – Sunday, Sep 11 or Sunday, Sep 18 – Contact Tina Johnson at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you and your child!