Mission & Core Values
“PCC exists to reach people who have been untouched or unaffected by traditional churches and guide them to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.”
Since 2002, PCC has been devoted to the mission that God gave to Senior Pastor Brian Hughes, his wife, Susan, and a small group of devoted Christ-followers: to be a different kind of church, focused on outsiders rather than insiders. Our passion – to see unconnected people discover purpose, community, and connection through Jesus and the church – fuels every decision we make and every action we take.
Our Core Values define who we are; they are the ‘DNA’ of Passion Community Church.
FOCUSED. We are focused on one mission.
We are willing to say ‘no’ to many things in order to say ‘yes’ to the things that keep a laser-like, unified focus on our mission.This includes being:
- Spiritually Healthy – modeling for one another and our community our foundational pursuit of corporate worship, personal Bible study, prayer, serving, authentic relationships, and giving.
- Unified – setting aside personal preferences to wholeheartedly support the final decision of the team.
- Accessible – removing physical, emotional, spiritual, and personal barriers to the church and God.
AUTHENTIC. We are authentic in all relationships.
We are honest about who we are. We are willing to be genuine, transparent, open and honest in our relationships with God and with one another. This includes being:
- Honest – relating to God and one another with truth-telling, trust, and no withholds (last 10%).
- Honorable – acting with integrity and moral courage, controlling impulses and appetites so that we may do what is right, even if the cost is high; ultimately bringing honor to God and the church.
ACCEPTING. We are accepting of all people.
All are welcome. We are accepting of all people who are investigating the claims of Christ, regardless of their spiritual, emotional, physical, or relational condition.
EXCELLENT. We are excellent in every effort.
We bring our best! We are excellent in every effort, believing that bringing our best honors God and inspires people. This includes being:
- Creative – willing to innovate, see possibility, and try new things in everything that we do.
- Relevant – committed to helping people see how following Christ can change their lives for the better.
For more details on how we are structured and other important questions, view our PCC Playbook.